Sunday 27 June 2010

Elderflower Champagne...

I wanted to create a blog that was a reflection of the shop and could inspire the making of lots of lovely things. So my first blog as I'm sitting on the sofa is to say that today > I will mainly be making Elderflower Champange! Well picking the flowers and starting it off. It's been really difficult to get citric acid this year (something to do with it being cut with certain drugs) so if you can't get it don't panic just use lemons, however I do have it in the shop. Will post recipe I decide to go with later today. So many to choose from......

3 comments:

  1. yay ! good luck...my great aunt used to make this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, it's Jane from facebook (in mary ann singleton guise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making it too...but want to find a good recipe for proper champagne, leaving it in demi-johns to ferment properly (with air-locks). Do you know of any good recipes? My elderflowers have been soaking for a week now and I have still not quite decided.

    ReplyDelete